Worth $1.94 in reward points.
Zen Cart Version: 1.3.8 - 1.3.9
Module Type: Contributed
Delivery Method: Installation
Image Handler 3 for Zen Cart
Zen Cart module Image Handler 3 enables you to use the GD libraries or ImageMagick installed on your server to automatically generate and resize small, medium and large images on the fly. You upload just one large image and IH will create the large, medium and small sizes your Zen Cart needs, or you can have different image file sources for medium and large images. Image Handler 3 also enables you to watermark your images and have medium or large images pop up when you move your mouse over a small image (fancy hover). Most importantly, Image Handler 3 has a powerful administration interface to browse your cart's products just like you would in Attribute Manager and manage (upload / delete / add) additional product images without having to do this manually via FTP. Image Handler 3 works side by side with mass update utilities like EzPopulate.
Advantages of Image Handler Utility
- Improved site image load performance (faster loading, faster displaying)
- Professional smooth looking images (no stair-effects, smooth edges)
- Uploading one large image automatically and quickly creates small, medium and large images on
page request demand.
- Select preferred image types for each image size.
- Source image file type does not matter. Have jpg based files with gif and png
additional files if you want to.
- Drops in and out seamlessly and very quickly. No need to redo your images. All images are retained.
- Works with mass update and upload tools like EzPopulate.
- Watermark images to prevent image theft and get better referral traffic from image search.
- Fancy image hover functionality launches a larger image pop up on mouseover (switchable).
- Watermarking and Fancy Hovers features work with all different source images for small,
medium and large.
- Choose an image custom background color matching to match your site’s color or select
a transparent background for your images.
- Administer your additional images for products easily from one page just like you do
with attributes in the Zen Cart Products Attribute Manager.