Worth $4.12 in reward points.
Zen Cart Version: 1.3.8 - 1.3.9 - 1.5.0 - 1.5.1
Module Type: Contributed
Delivery Method: Installation
This is a very nicely done modification to deliver a Yahoo tree like menu for
your categories and very enhanced navigation. This Zen Cart mod adds an
additional category sidebox element which can replace your existing category
menu once configured.
- The menu dynamically loads and caches the subcategories without any page reload.
- This is the same menu concept based on AJAX and the Yahoo User Interface Library.
- It uses optimized algorithm to build the Zen Cart categories tree and count the products in the categories. This mean less SQL calls for the display of Category Menu.
Only 2 queries (and +1 little) are used to populate the categories tree.
- The menu does not depended on the trees/categories depth.
- Using AJAX means it will dynamically (on demand) populate your Zen Cart categories menu and cache it on the user's side.
With this mod installation we will style the colors of the links, background,
and images to suit your Zen Cart existing theme, install the mod and test it.
Note: A IE hack is needed to initiate the images (bullets and loading animation)
for many versions of Internet Explorer.