Unacceptable content includes, but is not limited to these examples:
Using a shared account as a backup/storage device or a VPN is not permitted, with the exception of one cPanel backup of the same account. Please do not make backups of your backups.
Examples of unacceptable material, programs, script, content and behavior on our web hosting accounts is as follows:
- We do not allow background Daemons such as IRC bots; eggdrop; BitchX; XiRCON; and any other program that interferes with normal server operation.
- We do not allow IRC server, IRC bots, or IRC shells to be operated on our network.
- Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
- Pirated Software/Warez
- Online Pharmacies
- Gambling Sites, or similar activities such as HYIP (High Yield Investment Programs), Ponzi schemes or pyramid schemes
- Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
- AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
- Internet viruses, worms, trojans, flood or mail bombs, or engaging in denial of service attacks
- Use of the Services to disseminate or display images classified under U.S. law as child pornography, child erotica and/or bestiality is strictly prohibited.
- IP Scanners
- Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
- Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
- Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
- File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
- Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
- Escrow/Bank Debentures
- High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
- Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
- Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
- The sending of ANY bulk email from our resources is strictly prohibited. The sending of Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE) from another service provider advertising a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on our servers, is also prohibited.
- Prime Banks Programs
- Lottery Sites
- Hateful/Racist/Harassment oriented sites
- Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
- Sites promoting illegal activities
- Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
- Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
- Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
- Mailer Pro
- Illegal media files of any file extension
- WordPress sites without proper caching plugins installed
- Spamming Software
- Internet crawlers of any kind
- Port scanners
- Adult content of any nature
- Operation of proxies
- MFA sites/pages
- Squeeze pages/sites
- Promotion of hate, prejudice, violence or injury
- Violations of U.S. export control laws
- Violation of intellectual property rights of others
- Hacking, and/or subverting, or assisting others in subverting, the security or integrity of provided services or systems
- Acting in any manner that might subject us to unfavorable regulatory action, any liability for any reason, or adversely affect our public image, reputation or goodwill, as determined by us in our sole and exclusive discretion
- Soliciting the performance of any illegal activity, even if the activity itself is not performed
- Directly facilitating violation of a law or regulation and/or instructing others in prohibited activities
- Image collections and/or graphics sites are not permitted
- Background Running Programs
- Crons set for less than ten minute intervals
- Redirecting to any site/page that does not meet out standards for use
- Visitors may not be allowed to relay mail or use mail functions w/o being authorized in some way (IE: Logged in)
- Search or web crawlers
- ANY adult or illegal drug text or ANY media platform is not permitted
- Pharm, diet or elicit vitamin, pill or medication content of any kind is not permitted.
- Zen cart using Easy populate are required to break the uploads down in to manageable pieces of less than 200 line entries.
- All software driven websites, including Zen Carts must be properly patched and kept up to date.
- All Zen Carts MUST have the ability to let unauthorized (guests) use the tell a friend form disabled. This is a Zen Cart reported vulnerability.
- PRO-Webs hosted clients are provided domain based email service. This service is free and not considered primary. Your email service cannot, under any circumstances be used to send ANY bulk emails. Please use a proper bulk email service such as MailChimp
- Open relays are mail daemons that allow mail to be sent without authentication to a valid local user. These relays are not permitted.
PRO-Webs, Inc. services, including all related equipment, networks and network devices are provided only for authorized customer use. PRO-Webs, Inc. systems may be monitored for all lawful purposes, including to ensure that use is authorized, for management of the system, to facilitate protection against unauthorized access, to verify security procedures and operational security. During monitoring, information may be examined, recorded, copied and used for authorized purposes. Use of PRO-Webs, Inc. system(s) constitutes consent to monitoring for these purposes.
Any account found connecting to a third party network or system without authorization from the third party is subject to suspension. Access to networks or systems outside of your direct control must be with expressed written consent from the third party. PRO-Webs, Inc. may, at its discretion, request and require documentation to prove access to a third party network or system is authorized.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. Any material that, in our judgment, is obscene, threatening, illegal, or violates our terms of service in any manner may be removed from our servers (or otherwise disabled), with or without notice.
Failure to respond to email from our abuse department within 48 hours may result in the suspension or termination of your services. All abuse issues must be dealt with via troubleticket/email and will have a response within 48 hours.
If in doubt regarding the acceptability of your site or service, please contact us at abuse (AT) PRO-Webs, Inc. and we will be happy to assist you.
Potential harm to minors is strictly forbidden, including but not limited to child pornography or content perceived to be child pornography (Lolita):
Any site found to host child pornography or linking to child pornography will be suspended immediately without notice.
Resellers: we will suspend the site in question and will notify you so you may terminate the account. We will further monitor your activity; more than one infraction of this type may result in the immediate termination of your account.
Direct customers: Your services will be terminated with or without notice.
Violations will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
It is your responsibility to ensure that scripts/programs installed under your account are secure and permissions of directories are set properly, regardless of installation method. When at all possible, set permissions on most directories to 755 or as restrictive as possible. Users are ultimately responsible for all actions taken under their account. This includes the compromise of credentials such as user name and password. It is required that you use a secure password. If a weak password is used, your account may be suspended until you agree to use a more secure password. Audits may be done to prevent weak passwords from being used. If an audit is performed, and your password is found to be weak, we will notify you and allow time for you to change/update your password.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. “Safe lists” and purchased lists will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.
PRO-Webs hosted clients are provided domain based email service. This service is free and not considered primary. Your email service cannot, under any circumstances be used to send ANY bulk emails. Please use a proper bulk email service such as MailChimp.
Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
PRO-Webs, Inc. reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.
PRO-Webs, Inc. reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal. This cost of the clean up fee is entirely at the discretion of PRO-Webs, Inc.
You may not use the PRO Webs, Inc. network, equipment or hosted domain email address to transmit spam, flames, mail bombs, unsolicited email messages, or any similar electronic communication. Your domain or IP address may not be referenced as originator, intermediary, or reply to address in any of the above. This policy extends to the transmission of any unsolicited mailings from another service that in any way implicates the use of the domain hosted with PRO Webs, Inc.
If you are found to have violated the spam policy, PRO Webs, Inc. reserves the right to suspend your hosting account without warning. PRO Webs, Inc. accesses a $50.00 USD reactivation fee any suspended domain or account, resulting from a policy or terms violation. Additionally, you will be held responsible for the Un-blacklisting of your sites IP address, as the IP Block belongs solely to PRO Webs, Inc. and resides on our dedicated servers. Failure to pay for the ISP reputation and blacklist removal can result in legal action on our part to recoup the loss and cost of damages.
Defamatory of Libelous Content Policy
Generally speaking, defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Slander involves the making of defamatory statements by a transitory (non-fixed) representation, usually an oral (spoken) representation. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine, newspaper or website. In simple terms, slander is defamation by speaking, and libel is defamation by means of writing. Libel is the common type of defamation that we as a service provider must deal with.
Libelous Online Content A person who publishes a defamatory statement may be liable for doing so. However, “47 U.S.C. sec. 230” states that online service providers are not publishers of content posted on their users’ websites. Section 230 gives ISPs the discretion to allow customers to practice free speech or have them remove content, whichever they prefer, in response to claims by others that content is defamatory or libelous.
The Internet is a public media, therefore we believe that serious d