Not only should you be planning for the generally heavier Internet traffic during the winter months… But in the US, the economy has folks tightening their budgets a bit. So today’s question is simple and straightforward…
What are you going to DO, to get your share of the Holiday sales this year?
Certainly, there are always time tested successful marketing techniques that we already know will help us build our sales during these peek periods… But what about some unorthodox and fresh marketing ideas?
I do… So I will be adding great marketing ideas here to grow your sales and grasp a larger share of the winter month sales opportunities that exist. Check back, as I will be adding suggestions and other ideas to this brain workout marketing list. One of the things e commerce stores still have trouble bringing to the table is good old fashioned Holiday Cheer… Why is that exactly, its the Holidays, have fun and spread your cheer too!
- Any kind of great link / promo bait is going to be very hot… For example, set a press release that Santa himself is at your shop answering your phones. This will get people’s attention and if you have the right product, folks will be happy to spend money in your store… Not to mention all the great links you can grab as well.
- Search out and list/advertise with some Holiday gift guides and comparison sites.
- Offer gift certificates for customers to refer a friend.
- Offer free anything… Free gifts, free shipping, free gift wrapping etc. Free is always good marketing.
- Run crazy fun Holiday Pay Per Click Ads… Target some very tight terms and throw up Ads like, Santa dropped the load at our shop! This will get you giggles and get some folks in your door, then grab them with great deals and Holiday offerings.
- Submit a Holiday themed coupon to a bunch of FREE coupon database sites.
- Offer after purchase 10$ gift certificates for a reduced price (Like 5$).. Many will jump at these and the shrink is very likely to get you out on top anyhow.
- Run a contest or give away on your site… Customer # 000XX will receive a $25 gift certificate for their next purchase… Then track the winners and results in a very prominent location for all to see.
- Filter the Holiday buzz keywords in to your content… Words like “Holiday”, Gift Ideas”, “Gifts for Men” and other seasonal related terms will be searched… Let them find you this Holiday season.
- Get going with Image Search… People will be searching for those same popular gift and Holiday terms in images as well… Or you prefer to name your images like 45grj.jpg? =P
- Send a Holiday cheer newsletter and include a coupon for a special deal or product ONLY available to your subscribers.
- 9-20-08 Add product bundles to your store, Holiday shoppers are in a hurry and will be more inclined to checkout with a bundle containing everything they need… Like the iPod, case and headphones all in one shot.
- 9-20-08 Swap out some website images for Holiday themed, feel good images to get shoppers in the “mood”.
- 9-20-08 Run a stocking stuffer giveaway… Buy any 2 products and choose your free stocking stuffer free item from these great products.
- 10-06-08 Give a free item to orders over $X.
- 10-06-08 Rename your specials category/section to “Holiday Gift Specials”.
- 10-06-08 Advertise your ability to ship directly to the gift recipient.
Black Friday and the rush of Holiday sales is sneaking up on us… Get your butts in gear, before its too late.